Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Add multi-company to SL

BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Aug 04, 2021 04:12 PM
    Hi everyone, is there a way to add the multi-company module to my current SL 7 installation? the problem is that I no longer have an active maintenance plan with Microsoft.
    I hope you can help me, thank you very much

------------------------------
    Manuel Vela
    Tec

• 2.  RE: Add multi-company to SL
    Best Answer

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Aug 05, 2021 08:03 AM
    It depends on how you want to do multi-company.     We do "multi-company" but do not actually own the M/C module.

In our situation, we create a separate database for each additional branch we open, adding it to the existing system database.    As long as there is only one system database, we are not violating any license restrictions.

If your need is to have multiple companies within the same database, that's different and you will need to contact a VAR to see what your options might be.

Best regards,

Gail Jones-Nemeth
    Financial Systems Analyst
    Creative Associates Int'l
    Chevy Chase MD

• 3.  RE: Add multi-company to SL

BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Aug 05, 2021 01:11 PM
    Hi Gail,
    Thank you for your comments y really appreciate,

From what you tell me, could I then add an application database in the same system database and with that it would not violate any license restrictions?

Thanks in advance and i hope your response

Manuel Vela
    Tec

• 4.  RE: Add multi-company to SL

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Aug 05, 2021 04:24 PM
    You should check with your SL reseller to find if they can even get a version 7 reg key for a new module. I know they have done things like that in the past, but that was a few years ago.

II would also consider either renewing your annual plan or just buying over again (as that may cost less). If you renew your plan, you can do a license transition to Business Ready licensing at no cost and that includes the Multi-company module. If you buy again, you will receive that version.

-Jonathan

• 5.  RE: Add multi-company to SL

BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Aug 05, 2021 07:28 PM
    Thanks to all for your messages, I think the best option  is adding an aplication database to the existem system database, in this mode we do not violate any license restrictions.

Best regards

Manuel Vela
    Tec

• 6.  RE: Add multi-company to SL

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Aug 09, 2021 10:44 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Manuel,

There are a few steps for setting up multiple applications databases against a single system database that aren't really publicized although they do NOT violate licensing.

1)  In the company table, you need to update two company table fields in order to get your lookup of accounts and subaccounts in the new company.   The value they are looking for is the COMPANY ID.   The company table is in the System database.   Those fields are:
    Company.CpnyAcct
    Company.CpnySub

2)   You need to populate the table [System DB].dbo.Intercompany.
    Use [System Database]

insert into [InterCompany]
    SELECT '' as [FromAcct]
    ,CpnyID as [FromCompany]
    ,'' as [FromSub]
    ,'ZZ' as [Module]
    ,'' as [Screen]
    ,'' as [ToAcct]
    ,CpnyID as [ToCompany]
    ,'' as [ToSub]
    ,'' as [User1]
    ,'' as [User2]
    ,0 as [User3]
    ,0 as [User4]
    ,null as [tstamp]
    FROM Company
    where cpnyid not in (select fromcompany from intercompany

3)  Once you add those fields, be sure to "Update Triggers".   This is a process used to synchronize the [System Database].dbo.AcctSub, AcctXRef, and AcctSub tables.

4)  In Database Maintenance (98.290), run "Synch Selected Database ...." for BOTH of your databases.

These steps should smooth the way in using your new application database.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Gail Jones-Nemeth
    Financial Systems Analyst
    Creative Associates Int'l
    Chevy Chase MD

Attachment(s)

• 7.  RE: Add multi-company to SL

BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Aug 09, 2021 12:44 PM
    Hi Gail, I really really appreciate your help,

Definitely, your comments helped me to clarify many doubts, thank you very much. Finally 2 more questions.

1. According to the topic of cleaning data from an application database published in the topic (Copy DB to New Company, Clear Non-Setup Tables) https://www.dslug.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1&MessageKey=da82ccab-ac4e-4571-8bd3-ad255df00780&CommunityKey=73716490-9afa-4cd7-a04d-e9f9d75c95c2&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fdiscussions%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fcommunitykey%3d73716490-9afa-4cd7-a04d-e9f9d75c95c2%26tab%3ddigestviewer
    How can I attach the restored application database so that I can synchronize it with the system one? because i can not see the restored database

2- What can I do to see the second application base in FRx?

Thaks to all for your comments.

Manuel Vela
    Tec

• 8.  RE: Add multi-company to SL

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Aug 12, 2021 11:39 AM

Hi Manuel, 
    To see the DB in database maint process, you need to have an entry in the 'Database Administration (98.270.00)' screen.  You will need your SL password to add this entry. 
    Thanks,
    Marc

Marc DeLozier
    Finance SysAdmin
    David Evans and Associates Inc.
    Portland OR

• 9.  RE: Add multi-company to SL

Posted Aug 05, 2021 04:10 PM
    Dear Manuel,

Multi-company module should already be installed on your server, because during installation multi-compnay is one of the modules selected by default. To enable it, go to GL Setup, at the bottom part of the Options tab enable the Activate Multi-company with Inter-company processing feature by clicking it. Depending on your need enable or disable the other two features.

But, if for some reason it is not already installed, you can install it by running SL 7 Setup. When you get to the Modules/Features selection screen, select Financial Management, at the right window you will see multi-company among the financial modules. If it is not selected select it and finish the setup process.

I hope this will help achieve what you are trying to do.

TK

Tensay Kumbi
    SysCorp International Limited
    Addis Ababa