Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Allocation Processor error

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Jun 15, 2021 09:19 AM

SL 2018 CU4

We updated the contract/funder on a job in Project Maintenance.

Next we used Allocation Processor to re-allocate the cost items.

Attached is a screen shot of the error I received. I also attached the error log.

------------------------------
    Mackenzie Platten
    Crestwood Associates L.L.C.
    Schaumburg IL

Attachment(s)

txt
    PAPRO6OO.txt   18 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Allocation Processor error

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 08:47 AM
    We get the error you got in two situations:

1)    In the V2018 version, when the system perceives there is nothing to allocate but a user runs allocator anyway, it gives this error.

2)    In our case, we have a small number of time and material contracts that bill based on labor hours where the labor rates are stored in the Multi-Level rate table.    When LABOR transactions have been entered, but the system perceives that there is no labor rate matching the project and employee, then we get this error.    

The first thing to determine is whether Allocator thinks it actually has a transaction waiting to be allocated.    If you have Allocator configured to run automatically, then you can check the PJTRANWK table to see whether you have any records.

If you don't automatically run Allocator, then it's a bit trickier to identify which record isn't calculating.   I am unaware of a report in Allocator that lets you know when a transaction hasn't been allocated.    We have a SQL Alert job that runs daily to identify any records missed by auto-allocation.   We only turned on auto-allocation about a year ago; before then we relied heavily on a SQL alert to let us know something didn't allocate.

If you identify that there are no records waiting to allocate BUT you know a record should be allocating, then we check the allocation method itself to see if there might be a new account category used in the transaction but missing the allocation method.    

If the system has actually allocated a record but it isn't showing up in Allocation records as expected, then we look at the calculations in the allocation method are to see if a line doesn't get picked up in a total to create an allocation entry.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Gail Jones-Nemeth
    Financial Systems Analyst
    Creative Associates Int'l
    Chevy Chase MD

• 3.  RE: Allocation Processor error

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 09:22 AM
      |   view attached
    Here's syntax for the SQL alert we use to identify unallocated records in our system.

Gail Jones-Nemeth
    Financial Systems Analyst
    Creative Associates Int'l
    Chevy Chase MD

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Allocation Processor error

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 10:32 PM
    Thanks Gail!  I am checking all of these scenarios.  I really am grateful for your response!

Mackenzie Platten
    Crestwood Associates L.L.C.
    Schaumburg IL