Open Forum

Latest Discussion Posts

• Greetings from the Dynamics SL User Group (DSLUG)! We hope you can join us for these exciting upcoming webinars! Register today! FEATURED WEBINAR SL Bootcamp (Intro to General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable) Thursday, December ...

• Th whole idea of a general ledger is to hold the detail for all financial transactions, and one cannot post General Journal transactions in summary. (I also do not recommend posting from any module in summary, but do advise setting some accounts (e.g., ...

• We post a lot of detail through Journal Entries. This results in our General Ledger being many pages long. I know we could post in summary instead of detail, but I'm curious if there is another way. I read some where about consolidation accounts, but ...

• Hi Jeff, I am so grateful for your reply!  I have followed all of your steps.   The attached doc shows that the error is still happening on the workstation (see screen shot on 2nd page).   I thought if I tried to reapply the CU4 client on the server, ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Deposit

I use the Application Inquiry/Reversal (08.240.00) to reverse. You may have to run it for each account. Thanks, Jan Jan Cahill | Revenue & Receipts Coordinator Port of Olympia | 606 Columbia Street NW STE 300 ...

• There you go, another way to work it.  I like it Jon! ------------------------------ Joe Miller Director of Systems Architecture Harrison, Walker & Harper Paris TX ------------------------------

• The change I made was to allow one to do that. It has two buttons, OK and Cancel, on the message box (with the Cancel button the default). If the user presses the OK button, the original, off-year date is retained. ------------------------------ Jonathan ...

1 person likes this.
  • You might want to consider wrapping Jonathan's code to check for initialize mode and not run the check when it's turned on so they can backdate if needed.  Unless of course your crew is in the habit of running in init mode regularly.  I've also done things ...

• Welcome!

Use this community discussion to ask Dynamics SL questions, find answers, and share your expertise with your fellow DSLUG participants! Simply click the green Start a Discussion button to post a new question, or click on the title of an existing thread and click Reply to Discussion to join the conversation.

Community Blogs

• Year-End Updates The Microsoft Dynamics SL team is working on releasing year-end updates for Microsoft Dynamics SL 2018 The following ...