Open Forum

corrections to projects from PO

• 1.  corrections to projects from PO

Posted 4 days ago
    ​I have several transactions from purchase orders that are now to a different project than the original receipt.
    Can I take this to the AP module "voucher and adjustment entry" using the same vendor as the original PO and input the data as a negative to one project and a positive to the other project with the same GL accounts, creating a net 0.00 transaction to correct the project? Does this create any issues in the database and/or AP where there is no payment created and no void "0" check just to correct a project?  Are there recommendations for other ways to do this, other than Project charge entry?

I did this previously with original A/P transactions to correct project.  Please advise with any recommendations on pros and cons and thank you for your assistance.

------------------------------
    Gail Norvell
    Finance Director
    Elephant Butte Irrigation District
    Las Cruces NM

• 2.  RE: corrections to projects from PO

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 4 days ago
    Hi Gail,

If you are just wanting to move a project transaction from 1 project to another, you can use the Project Transaction Transfer screen (PA.PTT.00).

You call up the project that has the transaction, click load, change the lines you want to the correct project / task, change the handling to Release Now, then hit the finish flag.

This is an easy way to correct transactions between projects.  It does create a GL entry but it typically is between the same account and is just moving the project.  This keeps GL reconciled to projects.

If you need help with the screen, let me know.

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael O'Neill
    Director of Finance
    Eastex Telephone Cooperative
    Henderson TX