Open Forum

AP and AR batches releasing slowly

• 1.  AP and AR batches releasing slowly

Posted 18 days ago
    Hello,

We're in the process of upgrading from SL7 to SL18 and our batches are releasing slower. For example, a one line Voucher batch that released pretty much immediately in SL7 is now taking between 8 and 14 seconds depending on company. Have any of you experienced this? We don't use cash manager, have run the index rebuild in sql, run data integrity checks in SL and nothing has turned anything up that would indicate an issue.

Any input anyone has is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

------------------------------
    Steve Smith
    ERP Application Manager
    Grain Millers
    Eden Prairie MN

• 2.  RE: AP and AR batches releasing slowly

Posted 13 days ago
    Hi Steve,
    I did an upgrade a couple of years ago also to 2018, and during testing they experienced long delays (i.e. 10 minutes) in releasing Journals - as far as I can recall AP and other modules were fine. It wasn't an issue with the application itself, I actually had to get their IT infra people involved who setup the new servers (they were using Azure VMs and a Published App RDP setup) who did all manner of network type checks to make sure the servers were "talking to each other" properly. Looking through my emails, I can't find exactly what the fix was, but if you're still having issues with this then perhaps going down that route might help some.
    Good luck!

John Deyell
    Business Consultant
    Adaptable Consulting Limited
    auckland