Open Forum

CustomerSource Retired?

• 1.  CustomerSource Retired?

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 17 days ago
    Edited by Joe Miller 15 days ago
    So I had an error today from a user that I was looking for some info on and tried going to CustomerSource but was greeted with a landing page that it has been retired and the documentation has been moved to Microsoft Docs.  I've looked around there and can't find anything there that seems to house what was the old Knowledge Base articles where you'd put in your system message number and hopefully find hits that lead you to an answer.  There's a Knowledge Base section in Microsoft Docs under SL, but it has a very small fraction of the previous content available as far as I can tell.  At the bottom of that page it refers you to another page that says "To access the downloadable material within this content as previously found on CustomerSource..." but that page has nothing on it.  #ForeheadSlap

Anybody found the new place where these are housed or have they been dumped in the Recycle Bin!?  Gosh, I hope not...

Joe

​​

------------------------------
    Joe Miller
    Director of Systems Architecture
    Harrison, Walker & Harper
    Paris TX

• 2.  RE: CustomerSource Retired?

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 15 days ago
    Did you find the resources you need?  I am cobbling together where to find items like downloads, KB, etc. but cannot find where to login to the CustomerSource Business Center where clients can add new users and get copies of their software registration keys, etc.  Very frustrating....

Mark Ehleben
    President
    QBI Consulting, LLC

• 3.  RE: CustomerSource Retired?

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 15 days ago
    Edited by Joe Miller 15 days ago
    Nope, haven't found the old KB articles yet, but the user's error went away so crisis of the moment averted.  I did find out where to get registration keys as I needed those for the SL2018 upgrade I'm working on now.  Go to this page and click the Manage Your Account button in the middle:

Dynamics On-Premises Product Segments | Dynamics 365 (microsoft.com)

Joe Miller
    Director of Systems Architecture
    Harrison, Walker & Harper
    Paris TX

• 4.  RE: CustomerSource Retired?

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 14 days ago
    Joe, thanks.  I tried that initially but it was not getting me to where I needed.  My email account is linked to about a dozen client sites, and all I was seeing was my personal account info.  Tried again this AM and was able to see the page where I can select the account I want to view and manage.

Mark Ehleben
    President
    QBI Consulting, LLC