Open Forum

Uncheck Sel by Default in Project Invoice & Adjustment Maintenance (BI.BAM.00)

• 1.  Uncheck Sel by Default in Project Invoice & Adjustment Maintenance (BI.BAM.00)

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 12:14 PM
    Edited by Joe Miller Oct 21, 2020 12:16 PM
    Is anybody aware of an option that I can set where Invoices created by Allocator in the Project Invoice and Adjustment Maintenance (BI.BAM.00) have the Sel checkbox UNCHECKED by default?  We prefer to send separate invoices for each line and are unchecking this box manually by changing the status on the doc to In Process, unchecking the boxes, changing it back to Completed and then printed.  A) it's laborious, B) we mess it up!  Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Joe Miller
    Director of Systems Architecture
    Harrison, Walker & Harper
    Paris TX
    Academy - Online Interactive Learning from Experts

• 2.  RE: Uncheck Sel by Default in Project Invoice & Adjustment Maintenance (BI.BAM.00)

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 03:55 PM
    Hi Joe,
    I don't know how to set it, but ours is set to be unselected when the lines pull in.  We have to hit "select all" or select each line individually in order for them to be processed.

Cathy McCarter
    Financial Analyst
    Innovative Wireless Technologies
    Lynchburg VA

• 3.  RE: Uncheck Sel by Default in Project Invoice & Adjustment Maintenance (BI.BAM.00)

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 04:36 PM

Cathy, do you know who originally setup the system for you?  Anyone I could get in touch with to maybe figure out how they did it?

Joe Miller | Director of Systems Architecture
    HCS | 2510 S Church St, Paris, Texas 75460 | www.hwh1887.com
    Toll: 1.800.442.TEAM  | P: 860.839.6970 | M: 860.839.6970 | F: 903.784.1471 | jmiller@hwh1887.com

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail message and all attachments are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain privileged and confidential information.
    Any unauthorized review, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
    If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.

• 4.  RE: Uncheck Sel by Default in Project Invoice & Adjustment Maintenance (BI.BAM.00)

Posted Oct 22, 2020 11:37 AM

I would recommend John Lian at The ERP Group. He has worked with us for 20 years and we have highly customized our system, so he knows the "ins and outs" of the program. His email is: jlian@TheERPGroup.com

Shannon Bratton | Project Accounting Manager, Finance

David Evans and Associates, Inc.

2100 S River Parkway, Suite 100  |  Portland, OR 97201  |  www.deainc.com Circle with right arrow OUR ADDRESS HAS CHANGED

o: 503.223.6663 | d: 503.499.0325  |  cisco: 10325  |  scb@deainc.com

ENERGY | LAND DEVELOPMENT | MARINE SERVICES | SURVEYING AND GEOMATICS | TRANSPORTATION | WATER AND ENVIRONMENT

• 5.  RE: Uncheck Sel by Default in Project Invoice & Adjustment Maintenance (BI.BAM.00)

Posted Oct 22, 2020 12:08 PM

I had another thought for you to consider. In our company, the Auto Invoice Creation process will create our invoices and then automatically select them for us. If you just manually "force" a new draft, it should not be selected automatically. However, manually creating new invoices is not practical for most people.

Shannon Bratton | Project Accounting Manager, Finance

David Evans and Associates, Inc.

2100 S River Parkway, Suite 100  |  Portland, OR 97201  |  www.deainc.com Circle with right arrow OUR ADDRESS HAS CHANGED

o: 503.223.6663 | d: 503.499.0325  |  cisco: 10325  |  scb@deainc.com

ENERGY | LAND DEVELOPMENT | MARINE SERVICES | SURVEYING AND GEOMATICS | TRANSPORTATION | WATER AND ENVIRONMENT

• 6.  RE: Uncheck Sel by Default in Project Invoice & Adjustment Maintenance (BI.BAM.00)

BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 22, 2020 12:48 PM
    I agree with Shannon.  Drafts that are already created/saved (with draft number field populated) will have its lines marked selected.   Those are the lines in the draft.    Those that are unselected are not part of the draft but can be added by selecting.

So in the screenshot above, you are looking at a draft and all the lines on it.    That draft was either created by Auto Invoice Creation or another user.

If you want to manually bill lines, then don't run Auto Invoice Creation.   In that case, when you come to BI.BAM.00 screen and enter a project and date range, all the available lines will show unselected.

Hope that makes sense.

John Lian
    Principal Consultant
    The ERP Group, LLC
    portland

• 7.  RE: Uncheck Sel by Default in Project Invoice & Adjustment Maintenance (BI.BAM.00)

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 23, 2020 02:06 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions everybody, I have shared the manual method with the user and they will give that a shot.  If anybody knows a way to still use the auto-creation and have box unchecked that would be the best of both worlds.  Please reach out if you know of one!

Joe

Joe Miller
    Director of Systems Architecture
    Harrison, Walker & Harper
    Paris TX

• 8.  RE: Uncheck Sel by Default in Project Invoice & Adjustment Maintenance (BI.BAM.00)

BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 23, 2020 02:16 PM
    Joe, I guess I must have not been clear - "Selected" means the line is included in the draft.  So when you run AIC or save a draft otherwise, the lines in the draft will be marked selected.

I think it's pointless to use the auto-creation and have box unchecked, because you will essentially end up with a bunch of empty drafts.   If you really want that, it's possible to change the AIC code to do it...

John Lian
    Principal Consultant
    The ERP Group, LLC
    portland