Open Forum

Project Allocation Reports

• 1.  Project Allocation Reports

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 16, 2019 10:35 AM
    We run Allocator under the Project Module and it produces allocation reports each time we run it.  Sometimes when something doesnt look correct in our Flexible Billing AR invoices, going back and referring to the allocation reports helps us determine what went wrong.  Is there a way to re-print a project allocator report or another way to see the same details that show in the report without having to save these when they originally print?

------------------------------
    Corrie Kumbalek
    GL Accountant
    KBA, Inc.
    Bellevue WA

• 2.  RE: Project Allocation Reports

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 23 days ago
    You an run the Alloc. Proc/GL Posting Audit PA.450.00 report for the current period only.  If the report is blank when you run it then, then I think there is a control parameter flag you must turn to Y.  I can't find the flag at the moment.  If you need it, please email me.

Jenny Dinh
    CFO
    Noble Resources Corp
    Tampa FL

• 3.  RE: Project Allocation Reports

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 10 days ago
    Sorry for the delay in response Jenny, we have been a bit slammed lately.  When I run the Alloc. Proc/GL Posting Audit PA.450.00 report that you suggested, it only shows the last allocation we performed, so it doesnt give us the history.  I would like to see the other allocations that have been run during the month.  Thank you for your help!

Corrie Kumbalek
    GL Accountant
    KBA, Inc.
    Bellevue WA

• 4.  RE: Project Allocation Reports

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 10 days ago

There is a control parameter flag you have to turn on to see the batches for that month.  Mine shows all the batches for the month.

Try this:
    Allocator
    Control Parameter Maintenance
    Cotnrol Type: PA
    Control Code: ALLOC-OPTIONS
    Control Data: Y if it is on N
    Save and close the screen.
    Then run the audit report after a few batches have gone thru to see.

Jenny Dinh
    CFO
    Noble Resources Corp
    Tampa FL

• 5.  RE: Project Allocation Reports

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 10 days ago
    Thank you Jenny!  Unfortunately, it is already set up with "Y" in the Control Data field (see attached).

Corrie Kumbalek
    GL Accountant
    KBA, Inc.
    Bellevue WA

• 6.  RE: Project Allocation Reports

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 10 days ago
    I believe that report (PA.450.00) reads from the PJALLSRT table - according to the schema, there are differing timeframes for data retention depending on whether you auto-run allocator vs running manually.

Marc

PJALLSRT – Allocation Project Results

This table is the internal results table used by the Allocation Process. It contains those transactions created by Allocations that were posted to Project Controller (into PJTran). It is used as the source of the Allocations Audit Report. When Allocations is being run in "normal" mode, the contents of this table are normally deleted after each Allocation Process. However, if Allocations is being run in "Auto-Start" mode, then these records remain in the table (for reporting purposes) until period-end (the Period Close program (PA.CLO.00) clears out this table when a period is closed).

Marc DeLozier
    Finance SysAdmin
    David Evans and Associates Inc.
    Portland OR

• 7.  RE: Project Allocation Reports

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 9 days ago
    Thank you Marc, we do not have "Auto-Started Allocations" selected under Project Contoller Setup so that might be it!  Does anyone have this feature selected?  Does it work well to have batches auto-allocate?  Just wondering if there is any good reason to not make this switch.  Having access to project allocation detail reports each month would be awesome but I want to make sure I dont mess up something by clicking this box.  Thanks everyone - super helpful so far!

Corrie Kumbalek
    GL Accountant
    KBA, Inc.
    Bellevue WA

• 8.  RE: Project Allocation Reports

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 8 days ago
    Corrie,

We do have auto-allocation turned on.  That might be the reason why you don't see old allocator batch reports.  The benefits include:
    1.  More accurate project reporting since it is run immediately when a transaction is released.   And you don't have to worry when you go on vacation.
    2.  Project controller system resource is not tied up because you are allocating a large amount of data in allocator manually.
    3.  Flexible billings detail is more current.

Jenny

Jenny Dinh
    CFO
    Noble Resources Corp
    Tampa FL

• 9.  RE: Project Allocation Reports

BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 5 days ago
    Back To Carrie's original question - Marc's answer pointed to the key.   You can save the records in PJALLSRT table into an different table, then create a custom report to pull off that table.   That should allow you to reprint Allocation batch reports.  Obviously, this will only work from the point of time the mechanism is put in place (via a delete trigger).

John Lian
    Principal Consultant
    The ERP Group, LLC
    portland

• 10.  RE: Project Allocation Reports

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 4 days ago

Good suggestion, John! 

We actually don't auto-allocate either, but have been thinking about using it  - we have about 800 employees who all like to finish their timecards Monday morning (which means they all get approved at that time, too.)

For those who do use auto-allocator, have you experienced any locking / blocking issues or end-user delays due to allocations happening real time?  Any other 'gotchas' to know about if we were to switch to this? 

Thanks,
    Marc

Marc DeLozier
    Finance SysAdmin
    David Evans and Associates Inc.
    Portland OR