Open Forum

Odd Dynamics SL ROI print error

• 1.  Odd Dynamics SL ROI print error

Posted Apr 19, 2019 09:09 AM
    I have a user who uses remote desktop to log into SL in our local office.  Now most people use the defined printers on the servers, but a few people have personal printers in their office which they use with RDP.  One user in particular has been working fine for a while, but all of the sudden stared receiving the following message.  When she reboots the problem goes away.  I am not a fan of redirected printers with SL because it can cause ROI errors, but this message seems different.  Has anyone seen this write-only error before.
    error

------------------------------
    Scott Kammlah
    DBA
    Cisco-Eagle, Inc.
    Dallas TX

• 2.  RE: Odd Dynamics SL ROI print error

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 19, 2019 09:32 AM
    That's probably caused by something wrong (usually the Solomon.ini file) in the user's profile. I suggest deleting and then recreating that user's profile on the RDS server.

Jonathan Van Houtte
    Architect
    XLstatements, LLC
    Clifton Park NY

• 3.  RE: Odd Dynamics SL ROI print error

BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 22, 2019 10:39 AM
    RDP printing with Dynamics SL is problematic at best.

The reason seems to be that Dynamics SL remembers the printer and it's connection.
    When a user connects via RDP the connection name on the RDP server will often change.

What I have found to be the best bet is to have a network attached printer with an IP address that is reachable from the RDP server.

Make sure that the printer is created and its drivers are correct and can be printed to from the RDP server.

Then select the networked printer on the RDP server as the default in Dynamics SL.

This is of course more difficult if the user is completely separate and unreachable from the RDP server's network.

Ed

Ed Leffler
    Leffler Labs, LLC
    http://www.lefflerlabs.com
    407-374-3571