Open Forum

Expose/Select from Inventory Item PV in Project/Task Budgeting Screen

• 1.  Expose/Select from Inventory Item PV in Project/Task Budgeting Screen

Posted Mar 17, 2019 06:15 AM
    ​Dear All,

We are planning to "Projectize" a Client's Dynamics SL Operations.  The client is a Power Generation company and would like to implement a Budgeting Process (Budget Entry, Check, Revision and all Budget Control with Committment) that goes down to the Quantity and Unit Cost of Spare parts held in Inventory. We believe we can achieve this in Project Controller but would need a customization that allows us to Select/Look up an Inventory/Non Inventory Item In Screens PA.BSM.00 PA.PRJ.00 (Budget Tab)?

Has anyone tried something like this? or would like to work with to develop this if it makes sense?

Please reply pongaria@syscorp.co.ug

------------------------------
    Peter Ongaria
    Managing Director
    SysCorp International Limited
    Kampala

• 2.  RE: Expose/Select from Inventory Item PV in Project/Task Budgeting Screen

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Mar 18, 2019 08:52 AM
    Hi Peter,

I did a customization that allows us to budget materials from inventory for projects.  On the budget tab in PA.PRJ.00, I added a button that is called Budgeted Items.  It opens a separate screen that allows the PM to select inventory items and entry the quantity.  We use average cost, so it populates the cost for us.  We also have a couple other fields you won't need as we use them for other purposes based upon our business.  We have a template for budget setup that populates the task and account category.

We then have a PM review report that takes the items budgeted and actual by item looking for a variance.  It makes it easy to find variances by inventory item.

If you would like to see how it works and the report, let me know.

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael O'Neill
    Director of Finance
    Eastex Telephone Cooperative
    Henderson TX