Open Forum

Inv & Adj. Maint. = Start / End Date - Can start date filter trans for selection?

• 1.  Inv & Adj. Maint. = Start / End Date - Can start date filter trans for selection?

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 08, 2020 01:34 PM

Hi Folks,

In the Invoice and Adjustment Maintenance screen in SL, is there a way or option to make the Start Date effective in limiting the transactions for selection within a given range (start /end date)?

It seems that its primary purpose is for labeling on the printed invoice materials, but our users are wondering if they can filter ranges better. Not sure if that works in newer versions (SL2018) or what not (we are on 15).

Many thanks,
    Justin​

------------------------------
    Justin Fishwick
    Manager of Business Analysis
    The Brattle Group
    Academy - Online Interactive Learning from Experts

• 2.  RE: Inv & Adj. Maint. = Start / End Date - Can start date filter trans for selection?

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 09, 2020 10:42 AM
    Hi Justin,

I asked the manager of our billing department to respond to your question.   Her'es what she said:

The start date does not really limit transactions.  The end date does. 

For example, if we are invoicing for January 2020 (pd 04-20) and you set the end date on the invoice to 1/31/20, it will only display transactions that were entered in pd 04-20 with a transaction date that is less than or equal to 1/31/20.  It will not display any transactions entered in pd 04-20 with a transaction date greater than or equal to 2/1/20.  You would actually need to change the end date and hit the display button in order to pull over these transactions.

I agree with what the other user is saying about the stat date.  It doesn't serve much of a purpose in limiting transactions.  

It sounds like the only option would be to either manually un-select any transactions that fall outside of the start/end date or put those transactions on hold.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Gail J-N

Gail Jones-Nemeth
    Financial Systems Analyst
    Creative Associates Int'l
    Washington DC

• 3.  RE: Inv & Adj. Maint. = Start / End Date - Can start date filter trans for selection?

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 09, 2020 10:54 AM
    Thank you, Gail!

Yes, we currently utilize a 'dummy draft' strategy to split out dates (selecting through etc.) if they are getting a bit chaotic for the number of transactions on the primary draft. We then delete the dummy draft once the primary invoice transactions are selected on up to bill etc.

Thinking about it, I suppose an alternate option would be is if the Display Order field in the screen can be customized so I can rank "Date" first - I'll take a look at that as well!

Justin Fishwick
    Manager of Business Analysis
    The Brattle Group