Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Connecting custom report to RI_ID

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Mar 24, 2021 01:41 PM
    I am working on a custom Trial Balance report that's we're calling the "Interval Trial Balance"; it allows us to correctly state the Trial Balance on a calendar basis, even though we are on a Fiscal basis with a year-end on Sept 30.

In order to do that, I rewrote the vr_01610A view and connected it into the original 01610A report.     It actually works very well, but I've done something wrong in connecting the RI_ID to the new view.     The symptom is that when there are other records in RptRuntime, then the report doubles or triples values.    Delete the other RptRuntime records, and it runs fine.

What is the trick to get a Crystal Report to recognize the RI_ID that is in the new custom view?    Any insight would be very much appreciated!

------------------------------
    Gail Jones-Nemeth
    Financial Systems Analyst
    Creative Associates Int'l
    Chevy Chase MD

• 2.  RE: Connecting custom report to RI_ID

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Mar 24, 2021 01:54 PM
    Take a look at the PB_01610 stored procedure. That's the preprocess for the Trial Balance reports and it has the standard ReportNames hard-coded throughout. You'll need to also hard-code your custom ReportName in there.

Jonathan Van Houtte
    Architect
    XLstatements, LLC
    Clifton Park NY

• 3.  RE: Connecting custom report to RI_ID

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Mar 26, 2021 11:03 AM
    Thanks Jonathon!    That's what I was looking for.    I copied pb_01610 to pb_01613 with appropriate adjustments.  I also made sure to add PB_01613 in the "Pre-process Name" field in the Report Control Maintenance/Control Options.

My report is now functioning correctly even when other users are running reports.    Problem solved!

Gail Jones-Nemeth
    Financial Systems Analyst
    Creative Associates Int'l
    Chevy Chase MD