Open Forum

Blogs - Web Apps

• 1.  Blogs - Web Apps

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 17 days ago
    Do you have a blog or post articles about your technical adventures?

Maybe you've thought about blogging and aren't sure what to write about - I have an example to share.  Fellow DSLUG-er, Marc Delozier, has a blog where he has posted on SSRS, SQL, and Dynamics SL web applications.

Successful blog posts can take on a variety of topics, and here are 4 good examples from Marc's blog:

Whether you post your content on your own site or right here in the DSLUG community, sharing your knowledge through a blog post is a low-pressure way to make all of us better.  Did those examples from Marc's blog trigger any thoughts in your mind for your own post(s)?  I look forward to seeing your blogs!

Three Quick Tips for Successful Blog Posts
    • Be rich with examples - screenshots and code snippets.
    • Set the stage in 1-2 paragraphs - then get right down to business.
    • Be yourself - acknowledge what you do and don't know.

------------------------------
    Drew Skwiers-Koballa
    Director of IT
    Inside Edge CIS
    Eagan MN

• 2.  RE: Blogs - Web Apps

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 2 days ago
    Edited by Marc DeLozier 2 days ago

Hi Drew,
    Thanks for the shout out!  I just started working with Web Apps about 1 1/2 years ago and knew nothing about HTML, CSS, Javascript, MVC, VB.net, etc. I only mention this to show that just about anyone can pick this up and start to help others learn!   I started blogging to help other people who may want to get into web apps development, as I couldn't find a resource out there that was specific to Dynamics SL Web Apps.

If you are unsure about what can actually be accomplished if / when you start customizing your web apps build, I just added a new post where I do a quick demo of time entry in our system.  If you find anything you like, please let me know and I'll try to write a post outlining that next.

https://marcdelozier.com/2019/07/20/microsoft-dynamics-sl-web-apps-customized-build-demo/

Hope you all have a great weekend!
    Marc

Marc DeLozier
    Finance SysAdmin
    David Evans and Associates Inc.
    Portland OR