Open Forum

Process Manager

• 1.  Process Manager

Posted Apr 06, 2020 03:29 PM
    Can more than one person have Process Manager open to create invoices?

We are running into a problem where the invoices are printed via PDF Creator, due to work from home, so the person that has Process Manager open, is getting the PDF Creator screen for all invoices from other people, any way we can fix this?

------------------------------
    Sonia Freedman
    Accounting Manager
    ICON International, Inc
    Greenwich CT
    Academy - Online Interactive Learning from Experts

• 2.  RE: Process Manager

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 07, 2020 07:14 AM
    Hi Sonia,

Typically, when I was consulting and currently, Process Manager would run on its own machine.  We have a machine setup with a user called PM.  All the printers are loaded on this machine.  This prevents the type of behavior you are talking about.

I had some clients running it on the same machine that Application Server (for PO, invoice, etc. emails) though I don't believe this is the best route to go.

Since you are working remotely now, if you use RDP, you could open a session and let it just run on that.

Now, it does use a SL license but if you aren't bumping against your limit, then this isn't an issue.

Hope this helps.  Let me know of any questions.

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael O'Neill
    Director of Finance
    Eastex Telephone Cooperative
    Henderson TX

• 3.  RE: Process Manager

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 07, 2020 08:25 AM
    A couple of clarification points:
    • You cannot have more than one SL session running Process Manager.  Attempting to have more than one instance of PM running will cause issues, and you initially get a warning message when trying to do so.  Only exception to this is if multiple App DBs exist, then each App DB needs to run its own PM session.
    • Process Manager (as well as Application Server) does not consume an SL license.  Nor do the screens called by these programs (e.g. Print Invoices). These are considered unattended services and even though the screens appear in Active Users, running either of them does not consume a seat.
    Info related to this can be found in the SL System Requirements Guide.

Mark Ehleben
    President
    QBI Consulting, LLC