Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  DynSL Integration to MR 2012 CU15 stopped working

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Sep 15, 2021 07:28 PM
    I am running into an issue with integrating a single SL database into MR. The client has 40+ companies that are used in MR. I cannot easily rebuild the MR Data Mart because the process takes me 2-3 days to complete and having to integrate a specific number of companies at a single time. This is due to the fact that if run for all companies at once it would time out the SQL server during the Dimension Value to Dimension Value task in the integration process. This is due to the client having 190K different subaccounts, (six segments with 20 alphanumeric characters).

During my current rebuild I have been able to get all the data integrated except for two companies. I have been using the Change Tracking capabilities to "manually update" the Data Mart. Today the integration tasks stopped working and would not restart. I reset StateType from 3 (In Process) to 5 (Complete) to reset the status and have it rerun the Task again and I also updated the NextRunTime field to a run time after the current time to have the process pick it up at the appropriate time.

​The MR Process Service does not pick it up and run the appropriate task.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what can be done to get the tasks moving again. I cannot rebuild the Data Mart again. ​

------------------------------
    David Safstrom
    Senior Consultant
    NexTec Group
    Houston, TX / Roswell GA

• 2.  RE: DynSL Integration to MR 2012 CU15 stopped working

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Sep 16, 2021 10:18 AM
    Hi David, a few thoughts/strategies:
    1. Apply latest CU16 build
    2. Restart MR services
    3. Try legacy provider instead of data mart
    4. During data mart build, do you get option for which companies to integrate as often you will based on GL dbs
    5. Make copy of SL database, delete problem companies, build data mart and add other companies after
    6. Review event log on server for other clues / workarounds

Derek Krebs
    Sr Consultant, MSX Group
    PROSPERO by MSX Group, www.msxgroup.com
    Derek.Krebs@msxgroup.com