Open Forum

Community Update: Our Friend Jennifer Pippin

• 1.  Community Update: Our Friend Jennifer Pippin

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Dec 17, 2019 02:46 PM

Many within the DSLUG community know of the battle that our community and board member, Jennifer Pippin, has been waging against cancer.  Jennifer Pippin has been involved with DSLUG and Dynamics SL for many years, including taking on the critical board role of Content Chair for several conferences. In the past year, she has endured 24 rounds of chemotherapy and 4 months of daily radiation treatment.  Although this has been a brutal battle, Jennifer's positive outlook, sense of hope, and determination were never defeated.  Jennifer and her family have expressed their gratitude for the many encouraging notes and emails, which gave them the comfort of knowing she was not fighting this alone. 

After consultation with the doctors and her family, a decision has been made to cease any further treatment and have Jennifer in in-home hospice care.  The new focus of her treatment will be the mitigation of pain and to bring a level of comfort and peace to her life. The mark she will leave on the many lives she has touched shows that despite the physical loss, her influence and the memories she made with us will never depart. 

Professional colleague, Mark Schrier, had this to say about Jennifer:

I have been blessed to have worked with Jennifer.  She has an amazing combination of skills (personal and work). She is organized, thoughtful, brilliant, kind, understanding, insightful, quite the planner, and a true friend.  I could go on and on, but I am sure that all who have worked with her in any capacity found these same qualities to be evident.  I miss her presence in the office every day. 

Jennifer's mother gave this wisdom:

Life can be unfair,

Life can be hard,

Life can be sweet,

But always worth the journey.

I am personally at a loss for words as I think about one of the most humble and courageous friends I have.  Jennifer's heart surpasses her incredible diligence and I'm so much better for the things she has taught me.

Jennifer can be reached at her email address jennifer.cook.pippin@gmail.com and welcomes notes of good wishes, happy memories, and really funny jokes.