Open Forum

Cash Manager - Cash Account Cur Balance Incorrrect

• 1.  Cash Manager - Cash Account Cur Balance Incorrrect

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 24, 2020 11:44 AM
    ​In Cash Manager we have a Cash Account that has an incorrect Current Balance - In the Bank Reconciliation Screen the Statement Balance,  CA Balance and GL Balance all agree and are correct.

How do I adjust the Cash Account Maintenance screen to be correct?

------------------------------
    Bill Welch
    Just Dough It, Inc
    Camdenton MO
    Academy - Online Interactive Learning from Experts

• 2.  RE: Cash Manager - Cash Account Cur Balance Incorrrect

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 27, 2020 07:50 AM

I believe the CA Maintenance balance is a calculated balance.  You could try running the CA Integrity Check for the account in question but I would only do that after running a full back up and when all users are out of the system.  If that doesn't resolve the issue you're going to have to reconcile the difference to determine how to correct. 

Robert B. Guerriero, Jr., CPA. CITP, CGMA

Director of Accounting & Retirement Plan Administration

Corporate Offices - Jackson, Mississippi

Office:

601.354.9070, Ext. 157

Mobile:

Fax:

• 3.  RE: Cash Manager - Cash Account Cur Balance Incorrrect

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 27, 2020 09:48 AM
    ​Thanks for the response Robert.  I did try to run Integrity Check but it did not change the balance.  The strange thing is the GL Balance and the CA Balance match in the Bank Reconciliation screen and both are correct.  The account has very little activity so we can verify that the GL Balance is correct.  But I am not sure where the Current Balance in screen 20.250.00 gets its total but I do know that it is not correct.  If I understand correctly any entries we make in Cash Account Transaction will make a change to the CA Balance that shows in the Bank Reconciliation screen which is already correct, it is only the Current Balance in the Cash Account Maintenance that is incorrect.

Is there a process to delete all the data for this particular cash account in Cash Manager and start it over?  It has very little activity so recreating this account would not be a problem if we can have it start over.

Any suggestions appreciated.
    Bill

Bill Welch
    Just Dough It, Inc
    Camdenton MO

• 4.  RE: Cash Manager - Cash Account Cur Balance Incorrrect

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 27, 2020 10:13 AM
    Edited by Marc DeLozier Apr 27, 2020 10:21 AM
    I would check for any anomalies in the cashsumd table. (missing or incorrect CpnyId, bank acct, sub, or even an odd date)

Looks like when you open the daily cash balance screen, they run a procedure that queries the above table given those parameters.

EDIT - sorry, i did not see you already ran integrity, that should have fixed this table - i would check CATRAN table for any oddities as I think CashSumD is rebuilt off CATRAN data.

Good luck!
    Marc

Marc DeLozier
    Finance SysAdmin
    David Evans and Associates Inc.
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: Cash Manager - Cash Account Cur Balance Incorrrect

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 27, 2020 11:22 AM
    ​Looks like I had my notes incorrect the Cash Account Maintenance Current Balance does match the GL it is the Daily Cash Balance Screen that is off.

It seems there were 2 entries that were made in Cash Transactions at the beginning to account for Outstanding Deposits / Checks to make the balances correct for the Bank Rec.  For some reason these were throwing off the Daily Cash Balance, when I make the Disbursements and Receipts the same for these 2 lines in the CashSumd table then the Daily Cash balance calculated correctly.

Thanks Marc for pointing me back towards the  Daily Cash Balance and the table.  We will see what happens when we reconcile the bank account at the end of the week but I think we should be good.

Bill Welch
    Just Dough It, Inc
    Camdenton MO

• 6.  RE: Cash Manager - Cash Account Cur Balance Incorrrect

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 27, 2020 11:15 AM

Bill, you may have a Cash Manager only entry – one that doesn't affect a GL account that is causing the problem.  Look for an entry in CATran with an account of all zeros.  Hope this helps!!

• 7.  RE: Cash Manager - Cash Account Cur Balance Incorrrect

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 27, 2020 11:37 AM
    ​Thanks Robert, it did turn out to be something related to the CA transaction and how it posted to the CashSumd table - I think I have it fixed but still a little strange.

Bill Welch
    Just Dough It, Inc
    Camdenton MO

• 8.  RE: Cash Manager - Cash Account Cur Balance Incorrrect

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Apr 27, 2020 11:45 AM

Interesting – thanks for letting me know what caused the issue.