Open Forum

MR Fiscal Periods

• 1.  MR Fiscal Periods

Posted Sep 23, 2019 04:09 PM
    I'm running some budget templates for 2020 (our fiscal is the same as the calendar year).  The reports are being run to show monthly data for 2019 as well as including monthly headers for 2020.  So Jan - Dec for 2019 followed by Jan - Dec 2020.  The thought is that we will load the budget data and then the report will be good to pull.  However - I'm getting an error regarding the fiscal period and I'm not sure how to fix it?  I get the following when running the report:

"the starting period 1 for the fiscal year 2020 is not valid for the selected company"

This message repeats for all periods - 1-12.  When the report runs, where I would expect the column header to be "Jan 2020", "Feb 2020" and so on...they are all blank?  Is there somewhere I need to set this up?

Thanks,
    Andrea

------------------------------
    Andrea Williams
    Collegis Education
    Oak Brook IL

• 2.  RE: MR Fiscal Periods

BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Sep 24, 2019 09:11 AM
    Have you recorded your 2020 budget in SL?  I think that it is complaining that there are no records in the AcctHist table for 2020, which would be resolved if you recorded the budget.

Mike

Mike Lee
    President
    IT Evolution Management, LLC
    Milliken CO

• 3.  RE: MR Fiscal Periods

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Sep 24, 2019 11:15 AM
    Hello, that error/warning indicates there is no calendar and periods (like Period 1) setup for that company in SL.

Derek Krebs
    Sr Consultant
    MSX Group
    Pensacola FL

• 4.  RE: MR Fiscal Periods

Posted Sep 24, 2019 12:06 PM
    Thanks! Can you provide guidance on where that information is set up?

Andrea Williams
    Collegis Education
    Oak Brook IL