Open Forum

Tiny Toolbars on new SQL Server

• 1.  Tiny Toolbars on new SQL Server

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Mar 22, 2019 02:01 PM
    I am configuring a new Azure SQL Server which is running Windows Server 2019 Datacenter and SQL Server 2017.

The problem is that the tool bar on the SQL Server Management Studio is tiny, and my old eyes are having trouble seeing them.    I'm looking for a way to make the tiny icons on the tool bar bigger:

illustrates small icons on the SQL server Mgt Studio 2017
    I'm having a similar issue on the Dynamics SL  V2018 tool bar:
    Illustrates small tool bar on DSL screens
    Since there's no color differentiation on the tool bars, it's really hard to decipher the icons from a distance.

I don't really want to change the resolution on the screen because that enlarges everything and the other parts of the screen are a good size.

Does anyone know if there is a way, and if so - how to do it, to increase the size of icons on the toolbar as illustrated above?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

------------------------------
    Gail Jones-Nemeth
    Financial Systems Analyst
    Creative Associates Int'l
    Washington DC

• 2.  RE: Tiny Toolbars on new SQL Server

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Mar 22, 2019 02:28 PM
    I'm really old, and I also do a lot of presentations where I need these things to be visible to people sitting in the back row.

I set my Display Settings to "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 125%.

In SQL Server Management Studio, you can also get better contrast on the toolbar icons by changing the Color theme to Light using Tools, Options, Environment.

Jonathan Van Houtte
    Architect
    XLstatements, LLC
    Clifton Park NY