Open Forum

Financial Records Audit Trail

• 1.  Financial Records Audit Trail

BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted May 22, 2019 10:41 AM
    Good Morning;

Could someone let me know how in Dynamics, or where in Dynamics you can see what "user" has created, deleted, or changed a transaction?

As in when I see credit memos, debit memos issued, in AP/AR, is there a way to tell "who", (user ID) has created this TRX.

I know this is a very basic question, and thought I should be able to figure out myself, but can not...........And, I see a lot of Debit and Credit Memos being created in our system, that I have no work papers, or source documents to support.  In other software systems I've used, the UserID that created the TRX was visible in one way, or another, for audit trail.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Rhonda Beaubouef
    Financial Controller
    MARITIME PILOT SERVICES
    METAIRIE LA

• 2.  RE: Financial Records Audit Trail

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted May 22, 2019 11:47 AM
    Dynamics SL stores the User ID of the creator of the batch and the User ID of whomever last changed the batch (for posted batches, this would be who posted it). If you need more than that, there are third-party audit tracking packages available.

Because you use XLstatements, you can expose the above information easily enough for all your Excel reports by using the Add Columns feature to add the Crtd_User and LUpd_User columns from the Batch table to your drilldown sheets.

Jonathan Van Houtte
    Architect
    XLstatements, LLC
    Clifton Park NY

• 3.  RE: Financial Records Audit Trail

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted May 22, 2019 07:29 PM
    Hi Rhonda,

You can also use Quick Query to find out the same info.  For example, use the AR Document QQ, add the columns for created user and last updated user to see who did what.  If there are changes made in between, as Jonathan said, you will need a 3rd party to see that audit trail.

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael O'Neill
    Director of Finance
    Eastex Telephone Cooperative
    Henderson TX

• 4.  RE: Financial Records Audit Trail

BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted May 23, 2019 11:46 AM
    Perfect!  Thanks for the feedback!

Rhonda Beaubouef
    MARITIME PILOT SERVICES
    METAIRIE LA

• 5.  RE: Financial Records Audit Trail

BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted May 23, 2019 01:41 PM

Aloha Rhonda,

I would like to add that you can also quite easily add these fields (created and last updated user, plus created and last updated date) to the Screens themselves using customization manager. If you have access to the 2019 DSLUG conference materials, there are materials and videos demonstrating how to do this in the session titled "Simple Screen Customizations". 

Scott Johnson
    Sr. Business Application Developer
    W. M. Keck Observatory
    Kamuela HI