Open Forum

Check/Voided Check show as outstanding on bank rec

• 1.  Check/Voided Check show as outstanding on bank rec

Posted Oct 01, 2019 05:46 PM
    Hello everyone, I'm hoping this is an easy one. There are parts of SL I'm not familiar with still & Googling it has not helped.

On our bank rec, there are some checks & voided checks that appear as outstanding. They do not show up for me to clear them out while doing the bank rec (in CM) so I'm not sure how to get them to match up & clear out? It seems that it is just some of the checks/voids that we have done so I'm not sure why these ones show up still & others do not. I tried using the 'Clear Checks/Deposits' but that is not working either.

Here is what I am looking at (Bank Reconciliation report in Cash Manager):
    Example of Check/Voided Check

Here is the Vendor Maintenance-Documents also, if that helps anything:
    Vendor Docs

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Erin Walsh
    Assistant Controller
    Inside Edge CIS
    Eagan MN

• 2.  RE: Check/Voided Check show as outstanding on bank rec

Posted Oct 02, 2019 11:42 AM
    Morning Erin,

I hope this is as easy as I think.  My experience is that the reconciliation and module identifies the item first as outstanding.  When the check is voided, the system identifies both items as the screen shot shows in the period the item is voided (as shown).  In future periods, both items disappear from the bank reconciliation.  If I am reading the details correct, your item printed last year August 2018 is voided in September 2019.  It should disappear and not show on your bank reconciliation when you complete October 2019.

Eric Lickteig
    Chief Financial Officer
    The Christie Lodge
    Avon CO

• 3.  RE: Check/Voided Check show as outstanding on bank rec

Posted Oct 02, 2019 01:18 PM
    That makes sense - thanks, Eric!

Erin Walsh
    Assistant Controller