Open Forum

• 1.  V2018 & CU2

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Jun 07, 2019 11:20 AM
    I am working hard to configure our new Dynamics SL V2018 CU2 on a new Citrix environment, and am now working on the roll out to all of our worldwide users.   The way users will launch the Citrix application is to open a browser, navigate to the correct website, that website launches the Citrix Receiver, and they log in through the Citrix "portal".

In question is which internet browser to endorse for our 100+ users?   With our limited resources for support, I really don't want to have to troubleshoot issues on more than one browser.

We have previously only allowed Internet Explorer as the browser of choice, but our IT Team is actively discouraging us from using IE on our new environment.

My Citrix guy has warned me that there are some known incompatibilities in using Chrome, but anecdotally I have some users who swear they have had no issues on Chrome.     I haven't used Chrome in a long time so I don't know whether it's an issue.

I've been using Microsoft Edge for the roll out, but am finding a couple of anomalies with Edge.   Specifically, at login we get an error message that says "Full VPN and EPA are not supported in Edge browser.   Please use a different browser for a better experience."    We don't use either VPN or EPA so the message doesn't apply to us, but we haven't figured out how to get rid of that message.

I'm also finding that Edge is not properly triggering the version detection on Citrix Receiver, so it's warning users to reinstall a current version of Citrix Receiver when that isn't necessary.    Chrome does handle the Citrix detection correctly.

So my question to anyone in the community who is running V2018 and Citrix is:     Which browser are you using and what problems have you run into when configuring Citrix with that browser?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Best regards,

------------------------------
    Gail Jones-Nemeth
    Financial Systems Analyst
    Creative Associates Int'l
    Washington DC
    ------------------------------