Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Enable Code Inspector and SAF Controls in VS 2017/2019

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Jan 31, 2023 08:23 PM
    Does anybody out there have documentation on how to enable the Dynamics SL SDK Code Inspector in Visual Studio 2017 or 2019 and see the SAF controls?  I'm developing for SL 2018 and my project opens without error.  I installed the SDKSetupVS2017.msi and can open SAF control dialogs (like the DBNav dialog for instance) in VS 2019 without error, but I don't see any of the SAF controls in the Toolbox for adding onto forms and can't run Code Inspector because it's not in the menus.  I found many articles online about copying CodeInspector.dll to the AddIns folder, but I don't have this dll anywhere on disk.  Thanks in advance!

In the meantime I guess I'll try to get my hands on VS2015 and see if I can work with that, but ugh, so old!

Joe

------------------------------
    Joe Miller
    Director of Systems Architecture
    Harrison, Walker & Harper
    Paris TX

• 2.  RE: Enable Code Inspector and SAF Controls in VS 2017/2019

Posted Feb 16, 2023 01:12 PM

Hi Joe,

Clearly I don't check this very often, but if you still want to get the SL SDK controls into the toolbox check out my blog post here: https://www.steadycode.com/dynamicssl/microsoft-dynamics-sl-2018-project-template-for-visual-studio-2019/

I don't use the Code Inspector, so am not much help with that. I generally use VS 2019 for SL custom screen development, but am avoiding VS 2022. I ran into some issues there I haven't had time to figure out.

Hope that helps,

Delmer Johnson
    SteadyCode.com
    SteadyCode
    Arvada CO