FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What benefits do Chapters provide?
- Networking: Networking is invaluable for Users to get to know others in their area while forming a network of valuable relationships.
- Product Knowledge: Increasing your product knowledge will improve your product satisfaction.
- ROI: Optimizing value of your Microsoft Dynamics investment for individuals and companies using the product to operate their business, in order to mimize their efficiency and success.
- Helping Others: Increasing User readiness for upgrades and additional services.
- Awareness: A safe, non-threatening environment to learn about companion products, which help meet your specific needs and grow the value of your Microsoft Dynamics investment within your company.
Who is eligible to attend a DSLUG Chapter meeting?
All Dynamics SL users are welcome. Your DSLUG Membership extends to ALL employees at your company, so we encourage you to invite your colleagues and other users within the region. Partner Members are welcome to attend provided they are accompanied by a customer. Partners please bear in mind that the objective of Chapters is to exchange knowledge and Dynamics SL experience. Partner personnel should possess deep Dynamics SL expertise and refrain from sales activities.
Why should I attend a Chapter meeting?
DSLUG Chapter meetings offer a prime opportunity for in-person learning and networking with Dynamics SL peers in your area. Meetings are centrally located within your region, offering users from all job roles and levels in your company the chance to participate by only driving a short distance. Through your participation, you can optimize the functionality, flexibility, performance and return on investment offered by Dynamics SL and get better results from your Dynamics SL implementation back at the office.
What does a typical Chapter meeting agenda look like?
DSLUG Chapter leaders work to create unique content of interest to you and your DSLUG Chapter peers, across roles and industries. A typical Chapter will meet quarterly and each agenda will include at least one educational session, a Member showcase, networking and roundtable discussion, and Chapter business.
Who can lead a Chapter, and what is involved?
Users can lead and co-lead our Chapters. To be a leader, you must be a member and willing to commit to leading your Chapter’s meetings. As a leader, you will have the opportunity to exhibit your spirit of volunteerism and passion to grow your Chapter and help other users succeed. Leaders should have effective communication and organization skills. The User Group has resources in place to support and assist Chapter leaders with duties such as content, logistical planning, registration, promotion, and ordering catering. Chapter leadership should not be a major burden to you personally or professionally. Please visit the DSLUG Volunteer website to learn more and complete your volunteer profile to get started!
How can I support my local Chapter?
- Attend a meeting and invite others! By building Chapter attendance, you help increase the value of learning, networking, and sharing at each and every meeting.
- Volunteer to present at an upcoming Chapter meeting. This may include presenting a Member Showcase or educational session, joining a customer panel, or hosting a roundtable discussion.
- Host a meeting. We are always looking for locations to hold Chapter meetings! If you have a meeting space available, or a unique location you’d like to suggest, reach out to your Chapter leadership or the DSLUG team. We look forward to hearing your ideas!
- Join your Chapter leadership. Chapters are run by volunteers and supported by DSLUG. You can serve as a chair/co-chair or as VP of chapter membership, programming, or communication. Dynamics SL Partners and Microsoft team members can provide important support to the Chapter as well.